Sunday, July 06, 2008

The end of Birthday Week

Birthday week has come and gone, yet again. But what a fun one it was :) My actual birthday was Wednesday (see previous blog) and although I had to work, Tom and I enjoyed some Coronas and a nice home cooked dinner after work. One of my favorite bday presents this year from Tom was this dessert cookbook. Don't let the name fool you. These awesome looking treats can be made year round :)



Tom and I both worked on the 4th of July, but both of us were able to finish up a little early and head to Matt & Kendall's house for our 2nd annual July 4th cookout/Pool party.



There was plenty of yummy food

Everyone hanging out and eating after cooling off in the pool

An after-dinner game of "500" (during which one person throws the ball in the air, calls out a number, and everyone tries to catch the ball. First person to 500 wins!)

And OF COURSE there was some late-night flip cup!

Yesterday I went on my "budget-friendly" mini-shopping spree. And I did quite well if I do say so myself. My best purchase of the day was a pair of jeans and a shirt from Express. I paid $17 and they retailed for $95. Go me :) Then Tom and I went to dinner at Cajun Steamer's for my birthday dinner. I had grilled Tilapia topped with crawfish etouffee and fried green tomatoes and Tom had the Bourbon Street Fettuccine. Very yum.

Overall a very fun birthday week. Only 51 more weeks until the next one!!

No comments: