Monday, July 28, 2008

My Monday Night

So, Tom was supposed to prepare a journal article review and present it at his lab meeting this morning..........but he forgot. So his lab has punished him by making him bring some kind of food item tomorrow for the lab to share :) (Although, I have to admit that the lab has a win/win situation here......lab meeting instantly shortens and they get free yummy treats the next day.....I wonder if they made this whole thing up....Hmmmmmmmmmmm)

So anyways, like a good wife, I'm making a deliciously awesome cake tonight for him to bring into lab tomorrow. It's really no big deal. After Gossip Girl is over, I don't have any other tv shows on Monday nights (except I do have Jon & Kate plus 8 on in the background and laugh histerically at some of the things those kids say :D.....my favorite "Froggy's raisiny")


I decided to make a variation of this cake. I've made it before (slightly) different recipe and it turned out amazing. This time I had to substitute quite a few things, but I'm still confident it's going to be awesome. (I just hope they save me some!) Here's the recipe and a pic from the last version I made.


Ingredients

1 box chocolate cake mix - can use triple chocolate

1 bag chocolate chips

1 jar caramel sauce

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 tub cool whip

1 bag heath bar bits


Directions

1. Prepare cake mix as directed on box.

2. Add half the bag of chocolate chips, pour in cake pan and top with remaining chocolate chips.

3. Bake as direction on the box.

4. Mix the caramel and the condensed milk together in a bowl. When the cake comes out of the oven, poke holes in the cake with a straw and then pour the caramel mix over the top and let sit until cool. Top with coolwhip and the candy pieces.

5. Chill before serving.


No comments: