Monday, March 30, 2009

What an unplanned, budget friendly weekend....

.......except for when I went to Target on Saturday and bought something very similar to this and this (both on sale of course).

But I'm not going to talk about that because it has nothing to do with this post O:)

Saturday afternoon I ran into Publix (my FAVORITE grocery store ever) to get a loaf of bread and stumbled upon a "Meet the Managers/Open House" promotion they were running. They gave you a sheet of paper and you had to go around and get like 6 or 8 of the managers to sign it, bring it back to the front, and they would give you a coupon for a free item. Well, you know me, and that I wouldn't turn down the opportunity for a free item, especially at Publix. So off I went and literally less than 5 minutes later I had all my signatures (the managers were all standing out in front of their designated areas). I reached into a bag full of coupons and pulled one out for a "Free Rotisserie Chicken!" A $7.50 value. It was yummy too. I saw some other lady's coupon and hers was only for a free OJ. I got lucky.

Then on Sunday I went back to Publix for my regularly scheduled shopping trip. I spent $29.56 and saved $62.36. Woooooo :)

THEN I ran into Food World real quick because they had Tilapia on sale, and they happened to be running Triple Coupon special! They tripled any manufacturer's coupon up to $0.55! I didn't get a whole lot but what I did get was dirt cheap or free. So yay.

On another note I was a little worried last night about Bailey. She was so good this weekend that it scared me! Surely she must be getting sick. Surely something is wrong. There is no way she would lay in one spot for longer than 5 minutes, let alone lay in one spot while I got up and went into another room for a few minutes! But alas, her energy bursts have returned. Maybe our unexpected visitor scared her the other night! Maybe she came to the realization that she could be replaced if she's not good. If only she were that intelligent........

2 comments:

Brian said...

"I spent $29.56 and saved $62.36. Woooooo :)"

I'm seriously in awe of this....Anne and I have this little competition between us, and we've never come anywhere close to this.

Unknown said...

Anne I'm just going to tell you that my co-worker is impressed with your savings and would like you to let her know the next time you find out about the triple coupon savings.