Sunday, September 13, 2009

Art and Football

This past Friday night we went to Art Walk for the 3rd year in a row. (You can read about year one here and year two here). Hopefully I won't write the same thing :) Although I must warn you (if you are anything like me), if you click on "year one" you will be craving a pepperoni roll instantly. Anyways, first we went out to dinner and had some awesome sushi at SPR. Then we met up with some friends to walk around and enjoy the art (and Good People). I ALMOST bought a glass plate that has multiple uses but I decided to not be an impulse-buyer and thought I would wait and just check out the artist's website to see what other designs she has. Too bad the artist is HORRIBLE at updating her blog and etsy site and she has nothing for sale on either. Luckily, I've seen her at other art events in Birmingham so maybe I'll buy something from her in April at Magic City Art. (And very nicely let her know that she needs to keep her websites updated!)

Saturday we woke up seriously ready to watch some football. We headed over to Stacy's because she is our hero and has Direct TV and ordered all of the fancy extra stations you need to watch Big Ten football in the South. We had 3 tv's going....the PSU Game in Stacy's room, the Iowa game in the living room, and the Florida game in Kelly's room. Luckily, everyone won and we all stayed friends :) Saturday afternoon and evening we reluctantly cheered for Michigan and Ohio State. (Okay - before you judge me, you try living in the middle of SEC country and listen to everyone bash the Big Ten for three years!)Bailey came with us to Stacy's and had the time of her life playing with Casper and Bentley. This is pretty much how she looked the whole rest of the night.

Today was spent running errands, attending a baby shower, and cooking the most awesome smelling pork tenderloin ever. (I'm seriously almost drooling right now - it smells like the holidays in our house). There were 5 coupon inserts in today's paper! Holla! Actually there were 6 if you live in the south because Publix had one in there too (in addition to their weekly little flyer that's always in there). And I love me some Publix coupons because you can pair them with a manufacturer's coupon for extra savings.

I also tried to curl my hair like this today. What a disaster. I think I pulled half of it out with my flat iron and then it didn't even curl. It did do this kinda cute flippy thing at the ends but it was definitely not worth ripping half of my hair out to achieve.

And I almost forgot I was supposed to be posting a recipe of the week! Check back soon while I find something yummy to share with you all. It might just have to be this pork tenderloin that is almost finished cooking...........

No comments: