Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! A short list of things I'm thankful for this year:
  • The health of my friends and family
  • A job that is rewarding and that I love
  • Having amazingly supportive parents
  • Working with a great group of coworkers
  • Having a nice apartment and a cute but sometimes crazy puppy
  • All of our friends here in Birmingham that I'm going to miss like crazy when we start to scatter all over the country
  • A husband who is patient and kind even when I'm crazy and neurotic
  • Tom and I working right across the street from each other so we can get by with only one car
  • My oven light being fixed just in time for Thanksgiving Dinner!
We had a pretty amazing Thanksgiving Day. We started the day off with a Breakfast Casserole and some fresh fruit. I then made dessert (had to be put in the fridge for a while) and then got distracted by some pretty good deals on Bestbuy.com. Stay tuned to find out what I bought ;) The puppies were getting pretty rowdy (we're dog sitting miss Bentley), so we took them to the dog park to play, with the hopes that they would crash for the rest of the afternoon/evening while I cooked (it kinda worked). Then I came home and cooked up a pretty awesome meal with a TON of food while we watched football in the background. My menu consisted of:

With the leftover turkey I'm going to make Paige's Best Ever Homemade Turkey Noodle Soup, Pioneer Woman's Turkey Pot Pie, and some turkey salad.

No comments: