Sunday, November 22, 2009

Awesome things of last week

  • We went to dinner (Habanero's...woo wooo) with our friends Brian and Anne who were heading out of town for a conference followed by Thanksgiving visits with family. Brian gave me this book from his dad (Thanks Mr. Dranka!!!) from The Pioneer Woman's website which I love!! Her recipes are awesome because she gives you a step-by-step photo how to. Saturday morning for breakfast we made Egg-in-a-hole and Tom said it's the best thing he's ever eaten....although, he says that at least once every 1-2 weeks...he's easy to please :)

  • My favorite radio station in Birmingham, Live 100.5 always has awesome give-aways that you can call in to win. I've been trying to call in from time to time and you usually have to be caller #5 to win. I've called in probably 10 times and 9 of the times I was caller #4 (once I was caller #3). I was beginning to think that there was a conspiracy against me. Last week were driving to work, listening to the radio, as always, and Reg started talking about an acoustic concert coming up that benefits Children's Hospital. Train is the band who is playing and in case you don't remember, I kind of love their new song "Hey Soul Sister." Reg said he had a pair of tickets to give away to caller number 17. Totally random since he ALWAYS gives them to caller #5. So I decided to call and guess who is caller #5??? ME! Too bad I had to be caller #17 to win! So I called again and I was caller #13 and then I called again and I was caller #17!! Wooooo! I won!!! So Tom and I will be going to see an acoustic show of Train and Serena Rider (sp) Friday December 4th at 5 Points Music Hall if anyone wants to join us!! (Tickets are only $15).

  • The next day driving into work we were listening to my favorite radio station again and they were giving away a $50 gift certificate to a local spa!! I've never been to the spa so I was going to try my luck and call in to win. Well, guess what? I was caller #5, I won, but since I won the day before I couldn't actually win :( Reg said he appreciates my honesty so I'm hoping he appreciates it enough to slip a $50 gift card to the spa in with my free Train tickets when I go to pick them up ;)

  • Every Sunday I go out and buy the paper. A few weeks ago a friend told me she got a good deal on the paper, 26 weeks of the Sunday/Wednesday paper for $1/week. I checked the mail on Wednesday when we got home and there it was, the same exact offer! It was so wonderful to just open the front door and have the paper be there this morning!

This week should hold more awesome things as Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Stay tuned for more posts! I promise I'll be a better blogger this week!

No comments: