Tuesday, November 03, 2009

October Goal Recap

October Goals
1. Increase savings by 10% Pass!
2. Run a 5K. Pass! We ran the Race for the Cure a few weekends ago
3. Successfully bake a pumpkin roll Pass! I ended up making 2 and both turned out great!
4. Take pile of stuff stashed behind the bar to Good Will Fail. It's all still sitting there :( (Erin - could you still use some of it for your garage sales?)
5. Open a Roth IRA. Um, you guys are going to kill me. I just can't bite the bullet and do this!!! I don't know what my problem is. I think it will be my goal to do this by the end of the year. Or maybe it will turn into my New Year's resolution ;)

November Goals
1. Do back exercises EVERY DAY to prepare for 12 hour drive to Pittsburgh!
2. Plan meals for the whole month of November
3. Come in 10-15% under budget every week.
4. Be at work by 7:45 every morning (We were awesome at this until last week - maybe it was anticipating the time change but we could just NOT get out of bed)
5. Get caught up on all of my paperwork and projects at work Ha. This is a lofty goal.
6. Buy a new trash can! Our current one is broken from a "football watching incident" and it is DRIVING ME NUTS!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In regards to the Roth IRA, we'll need to work on this one together since I also haven't gotten up the nerve to sink ALL of my savings account in to one yet either!

Erin McCoy said...

sure thing -- we could do a trade off as i return your rubbermaid containers!! haha

and btw #6 on november is hysterical!!!!

also -- we have a vanguard roth and have been pleased --- they are sorta low risk so maybe low gain.. but that's how i like it.. esp right now.. plus the fees are the lowest available i think.. at least they were when we opened it.. no fees now and long as you make it all electronic then you don't get a yearly charge at all :)