Monday, January 11, 2010

17,000 steps

That's how many steps I took today! Our work is participating in Virgin Healthy Miles as a part of our benefit package and we all get pedometers. We can earn points based on how many steps we take in a day, logging workouts in your activity journal, and at healthy checkups throughout the year. It's really kind of cool, but it takes a TON of points to earn any money. I'm hoping to average at least 10,000 steps every day, which shouldn't be a problem considering I had 10,000 before I even went to the gym today. Finally! A reward for being on my feet all day and running all over the hospital like a crazy person!

1 comment:

Brian said...

This is amazing! There's a Japanese study that I heard about some time ago that suggests trying to hit 10000 a day for good health. I can't believe you can do that just being at work!