Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I don't really make New Years Resolutions. I guess you can say I don't believe in them. Mostly because they are so generic (i.e. lose weight) and rarely kept. It's kind of ironic, because I LOVE making "To Do Lists" and checking things off when I finish them, and aren't new years resolutions just a big To Do List? So in the spirit of a personal goal I've been thinking a lot about lately and combined with the fact that I haven't updated my monthly goals in 2 months, here are a few 2010 Goals, if you will.

2010 Goals
1. Be more positive. Eliminate negativity from my thoughts and sentences.
2. Save enough money in the first half of the year to end up exactly where we are now financially in 6 months. (June is going to be a killer month for us, mostly because our car lease is up and we will more than likely buy our car. Add to that a wedding, a PT conference in Boston, Tom's conference in Baltimore for breast cancer research, and Bailey's biannual vet trip).
3. Simplify my purchases. Really try not to buy things I don't need or desperately want.
4. Open a Roth IRA (I have a feeling I should just put this one on my "Things to do before I'm 35" List....actually it might already be on there).
5. Finish "On Becoming a Leader" and apply it to my work
6. Stop procrastinating when it comes to putting things away. Everything has it's place. This is how clutter happens and clutter-free equals stress-free.
7. Try not to obsess over where we're going to move this year. Whatever happens, happens. Everything happens for a reason. And it will all work out for the best!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As I mentioned in my blog update of resolutions...you and I should sit down for a drink sometime and talk out/plan the whole Roth IRA thing. I'm up for it whenever you are! Maybe if we both plan it with each other then we can get it done!