Monday, January 18, 2010

DC Weekend Trip

I'm back! I had a great weekend visiting with Mags and Brie in DC. Brie got there before I did, so as soon as my plane landed they picked me up and we went out to dinner at the Capital City Brewing Co. in Shurlington, a cute little area not too far from where Mags lives in Arlington. We decided we were all officially old after dinner when we realized we were too tired from our "day of traveling" to go out, so we rented a couple of movies and opened a bottle of wine (or 2) and hung out at Mags' house for the rest of the evening. (Go rent The Hangover now, especially if you've never seen it. Also, don't ever rent "It's all about Steve." Ever.) Saturday Mags cooked us breakfast and then we hopped the Metro into DC to explore for the day. We went to the Crime and Punishment Musuem and then walked by all of the national monuments (and I mean ALL, we logged over 22,000 steps on my pedometer!) and then headed to Georgetown for an amazing Italian dinner (some martinis) and a little window shopping. Again, we were exhausted, probably from all of the walking, so we went back to Mags place and crashed. Sunday we went to brunch at a trendy little restaurant in Alexandria called Rustico. It was seriously the best grilled cheese panini and tomato soup I've ever had!! Then, sadly, our fun weekend in DC then came to an end.

No comments: