Sunday, May 09, 2010

3rd Annual Destin Trip

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. We just got home from our 3rd Annual trip to Destin, FL. It was wonderful, everything a vacation should be. And it was much needed! I wasn't sure if we would be able to enjoy the beach or not because of the BP oil spill, and it didn't help that this was the front page of the paper the day before we left. We drove down Thursday afternoon/evening and sat on the balcony overlooking the ocean just taking it all in. Friday we slept in, cooked our own breakfast, and hit the beach for a day of relaxation. The weather was perfect and there was plenty of entertainment....from the college kids playing buzz ball to the little kid behind us who let his family bury him up to his neck in the sand and then tried to wiggle his way out! I enjoyed my beach beverage of choice (Corona) and Tom enjoyed some of the hoppiest (barf-i-est) beer we've ever had! (Hopslam - his favorite - and Hopsickle on draft from Dee's). Then we spent the evening on the balcony just enjoying being on vacation and watching a couple get married. I toasted them but I don't think they saw me :) Saturday was partly cloudy and the water was a little cooler but it was still a perfect day to spend at the beach. I finally finished (read) a book that I had borrowed from Stacy last August, so I'm sure she'll be happy to have that returned to her. Saturday evening we did a little shopping at the outlets and then enjoyed our own crableg dinner at home. Sunday we packed up and drove home to pick up our little one from her vacation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We missed you guys so much, but it sounds like you had a blast. Come visit us soon!