Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hmmmmm, what to say....

So I really don't like to talk much about work on here, for several reasons, but I started my new job this week and I have to say I am exhausted! The first two days were general hospital orientation that is similar wherever you go, so that was pretty monotonous. Then I met a woman who gave me the biggest pile of orientation information I've ever seen in my life. I have to meet with various people (who I don't know), observe with various people (who I don't know), attend lectures with various people (who I don't know), and get people to sign off on stuff they observe me do. And I have to complete it all in 3 months and set most of it up myself.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm not, I'm just voicing that I'm feeling slightly overwhelmed at the moment. I know at the end of the 3 months I'm going to have learned SO MUCH and will be a much better clinician from it. When I'm up and running in a few months I think it's going to be really great. So don't be surprised if you don't see as many blog updates in the next few months. I'll try to be on top of it but I also want to be on top of my sanity :)

No comments: