Friday, December 10, 2010

7 Weeks Flew By

Today is my last (week)day off before I start working again. I can't believe how fast the past 7 weeks have flown by! I guess when you add a Public Defense, a move across the country, looking for a job, and getting settled in a new state your time gets filled up pretty fast! In retrospect, I'm really happy that I had that much time off, I think I really needed it. I feel refreshed and reenergized and ready to start working (and making some money) again!

So aside from all of the things listed above, there were a few other things I have been able to check off my "To Do" list....some of which have been on there for quite some time! I was able to cross off 8 of my 10 goals:

  1. Iron enough work clothes to last me through the rest of the year...all 3 weeks of it ;)
  2. Read MOST of my magazines that have been building up
  3. Organize my coupons - shouldn't be hard, since I haven't been getting them in the Sunday paper >:0
  4. Change our car tags
  5. Change my drivers license
  6. Change our insurance
  7. Finish painting our small, side coffee table for our new "sitting area" in the living room
  8. Write and mail Christmas cards
  9. Take huge pile of stuff in kitchen corner to Good Will
  10. Take suit and cute holiday shirt to the dry cleaners

Also, I finally organized all of my recipes! Well, all of the recipes that I had ripped out of magazines or printed out or photocopied at some point in the past 5 years. I organized them into genre, and then put them all in page protectors (101 to be exact), and into a 3 ring binder. I am so excited that they are organized and I will be able to easily find what I'm looking for! I just have to keep it up now when I find new recipes. (Well, they are almost organized. I threw away a TON of dividers when I was cleaning stuff out when we moved, and now I am kicking myself). And remember almost 4 years ago when I ran the Disney Marathon? Well, we bought this Christmas ornament to always remember the event (as if I'd ever forget) and every year I have been meaning to get a picture off one of the hard drives, load it onto a USB drive, take it in to a store to print it out, come home, and put it in this frame. And I finally did it :) My mom gave me a "#1 Pet" oranment that is a picture frame as well, but the picture I printed of Bailey was too big to fit in the little frame. I've only had that frame for a year though, so according to my plan I still have 3 more years to print out a picture for it :)

No comments: