Sunday, April 24, 2011

This week: In Pictures and Recipes


  • What better way to start this beautiful week in April than to wake up to SNOW Monday morning?! (note sarcasm!) Thankfully it was just a little bit, and it all melted within a couple of hours. The rest of the week proved to be rainy and cold, but it warmed up nicely (low 60's) for the weekend. This time last year we would already have our air conditioning up and running!



  • I tried a few new recipes this week, and they were both so yummy I have to share them with you. The first one was Zucchini Alfredo. It was easy and different than what we usually eat pasta with.



  • The second was ham that I decided to cook for Easter. I wanted to make it in the slow cooker so I went searching for a recipe on my favorite recipe site. I found one and boy is it good! It made A TON of ham, so we're going to freeze it in smaller bags and use it in soups and casseroles over the next few weeks. It needed to cook for 10 hours so I let it cook overnight. It was done just in time for me to make ham and cheese omelettes for breakfast. Bailey didn't leave my feet while I was dividing it up!

  • This past Friday was Earth Day, and Starbucks was offering 20% off all of their coffee tumblers. I desparately needed a new one, since mine was cracked up the side and leaked every time I tried to take a sip of coffee. They didn't have any that I particularly liked, but they did have a plain black one and you could "Design your own insert." I have a few 8x10 pics that I've had blown up over the years so I cut this one (from our honeymoon) to fit the insert and Voila! Instant awesome coffee tumbler! I can't help but smile every time I see it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am requesting sunshine when we come visit! :) Can't wait to see you in 2 weeks!!! --Pen