Monday, April 18, 2011

Mini Freezer Cooking Day

Yesterday I had a mini freezer cooking day. I've been meaning to have one for quite some time, but to be honest the thought of all the work that goes into it has been keeping me from following through. I planned all of my recipes, and even divided up the weekend so I would have all of the prep work done before I actually cooked everything....but without my Freezer Cooking partner in crime, Payton, the task seemed daunting :( So instead I decided I'm just going to do 2 mini freezer cooking days instead! Yesterday I made this recipe, homemade spaghetti sauce with turkey meatballs. Except I made it in the crockpot instead. Yummo! I only made 1 other recipe (but 2 batches of it), Paula Deen's Broccoli Casserole, with some chicken mixed in there as well. Tom's sister Jackie sent this recipe to me a few years ago and it's been a regular in our house ever since. I did some prep work for the week for a few other meals and chopped up all of our fruits and veggies so they're ready to eat. I didn't take any pictures since spaghetti and meatballs aren't that exciting!

2 comments:

Chi-town Southerner said...

It's so much work to have a freezer day, but isn't it nice to have all of that work done in advance? My fella and I have been trying to do that, too. It definitely makes a difference!

ALB said...

Yes! It's so nice to have ready to cook meals in the freezer! Thanks for the tip about Kuma's...we'll be prepared when we go!