Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Bailey! And Our Block Party


If you go off of the assumption that Bailey was 6 months old when we adopted her in December of 2008 (which we do), she turned 5 sometime in June.  Every year the local pet store sends her a "free toy" coupon so on Saturday we walked over and let her pick out her own birthday present.  She chose a Kong Wubba and couldn't be happier. 


Pant break

Thanks Mom!

Saturday evening we met up with our neighbors to check out our local block party.  Our block isn't the, ahem, nicest, block in Chicago, but aside from one unpleasant house, the whole street seemed to be having a good time. There were a TON of kids, one of which voluntarily informed us that he ate a lot of popsicles that day.  There was a band setting up at the end of the street, so we hung out for a while and listened to them.  Bailey and I took off early, she wasn't too fond of the loud noise and me, well, do I need an excuse? Just in case I do, my feet were KILLING me and I was tired and I had to pee about every 10 minutes.  Which stunk because normally I would have loved to pull out a chair and a cooler of beer and just chill all night.  Ah well, sacrifices ;) 
The band

Our neighbors - Bailey loves them so much!!

No comments: