Thursday, July 02, 2009

Birthday Week Update!

Happy Birthday to Meeeeeeeeeeeee! Birthday week has been pretty great so far. The only way it could be better would be if I was lying on a beach with turquoise water less than 20 yards away and a drink with a little umbrella or a lime in my hand
The wine loft was pretty fun Sunday night. We enjoyed some sparkling wine tasting (Ok, I enjoyed some sparkling wine tasting, Tom is too much of a man to participate in a “sparkling” wine tasting ;) My favorite was Umberto Fiore Moscato D’Asti. Yum. It’s sweet and tasted a lot like Verdi Spumante (same champagne we had at our wedding reception). Carolina Liar was really good – it was just the 2 guys playing acoustic guitars…..but they only played 4 or 5 songs. The whole experience was short and sweet. I didn’t get any good pictures because they were finished playing before I thought to take any, and after the show you couldn’t really see them because there were crowds of girls surrounding them.


Tuesday night we went to the Birmingham Barons game with Tom’s lab. It’s Birmingham’s minor league baseball team. We had this whole little picnic section all to ourselves. We had catered food in our section but it also happened to be $0.25 hot dog night. We were exhausted and the game was dragging on FOREVER so we left at the top of the 11th inning. Turns out it went into SIXTEEN innings but the Barons pulled it off with a win over the Mobile Bay Bears.
I have to work today (boooooooo) but we're going to Habanero's after work with a bunch of my co-workers to celebrate. Today also happens to be two of my co-workers birthday as well! Hopefully today will be great :) At least I have off tomorrow :D

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I made it into the blog! Yay!