Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Caving in.....

I'm THIS CLOSE --><-- to buying a brand new flat screen tv. I've been wanting one for years, but have been holding off because, let's face it, a brand new television is not something we really need. Our regular screen, 27" television that I just bought in 2004 because I needed a television still works just fine.

When flat screen tvs started becoming popular several years back I had a whole plan.
Step 1: Wait a couple years until they have mastered the technology so I can get a better product for my money.
Step 2: Let the novelty wear off after they come out with newer models so the prices drop.
And then with all of our moving in the last few years came Step 3: Wait until we are finally settled somewhere so my precious new tv doesn't get damaged during the move.

Well, Step 1 and Step 2 have panned out and I'm glad I haven't bought a new tv yet. LCD tvs seem to be the much better choice over the plasma (which was originally the most popular, and cheaper of the two). However, now they are coming out with LED back-lighting (and edge-lighting) for LCD tvs and these seem to be the "new wave" of technology. Last night I was googling the difference between LED LCD tvs and regular LCD tvs and came across this article that was written yesterday. (I think that it's a pretty strong sign that this was written on the day that I was looking up the information! ;)

Anyways, I'm 99% positive that I want to get a 46" Samsung LCD tv with 1080p and 120 Hz. I like the picture quality of the Samsungs the best and they seem to have good ratings online. Now I just have to narrow it down between the 20 different models that they currently have available! And you know me, the bargain shopping queen, so I've been scoping out prices at various stores/websites. You'll be the first to know when I take the plunge!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We just got ours at http://www.bidtopia.com in their electronics section. They are like 50 tto 75% off retail. We had to wait a bit for the right one to fit our small built in, but what a steal! Good luck.