Saturday, October 10, 2009

Baking and Racing

I did it! I successfully made a pumpkin roll! And of course the pictures didn't do it justice at all :( It was perfect! Although I'll be making another one tomorrow since Tom committed a food offense in lab. Since the pumpkin roll recipe only uses about half a can of pumpkin, I also made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. (Use brown sugar instead of white and double the cinnamon and the nutmeg). Yum!! I'll try to take some good pictures of the next one and post them.
Today Tom and I ran the Race for the Cure here in Birmingham. We had a good time and I really enjoy this race. It was raining almost the whole time and just plain GROSS outside so I don't have any pictures from the race except for the ones I stole from the internet :) There were over 14,000 people there this year! That's way more than 2 years ago when I ran it last. The rest of today was spent watching football and organizing my coupons. I seriously HATE cutting and organizing coupons but it's worth it when I go to my favorite grocery store and spend $29 while saving $71 :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!!! Race for the Cure. It was super fun even with the rain.

Sara said...

I need to learn about your coupon strategy!! That's awesome!