Sunday, October 04, 2009

Goals

September Goals
1. Dry some of my basil for the winter Pass! Also, if anyone wants some fresh basil please let me know. Somehow I managed to do something right this year with my basil plant and it is growing out of control!
2. Start a new blog series for September...Recipe of the week Um, kind of pass? Okay so I've only blogged about 2 recipes. So I guess this goal is a FAIL! I'll try to keep it going for October.
3. Be at work by 7:45 4/5 days of the week Pass! I think we've been at work by 7:45 most days, and if not I was definitely there by 7:50 at the latest.
4. NOT get the swine flu from work So far so good! I was able to get my seasonal flu vaccine this past week. I've probably worked with 5-6 patients with swine flu in the past month so I guess it's pretty good that I didn't catch it!
5. NOT gain 5 pounds (or more) from eating dips and snacks every Saturday while watching football Pass so far! Fingers crossed for the next 2 months!!

October Goals
1. Increase savings by 10%
2. Run a 5K. (LAME goal since I'm signed up to run Race for the Cure this Saturday!) But considering work has been so stressful and I've only been to the gym once in the past week *gasp* it may actually be a challenge to run the whole thing. (Although I did run 3 miles the ONE time I went to the gym last week so hopefully I can pick back up tomorrow where I left off!)
3. Successfully bake a pumpkin roll (hopefully it will turn out better than the first one I made a couple years ago).
4. Take pile of stuff stashed behind the bar to Good Will
5. Open a Roth IRA. Okay, okay, I know I was supposed to do this back in August. And I had good intentions of doing it then too. I just didn't like the expense ratios at Charles Schwabb and they were the only investment company where I could afford the initial investment. (Don't I sound smart when I talk about expense ratios??? I'm like 90% sure I know what that means). Anyways, I found a new account through Vanguard (which is who I wanted to open with in the first place) with a smaller initial investment requirement. I'm really really going to open one by the end of the month!

1 comment:

Erin McCoy said...

if any of that stuff is garage sale-able, we're still doing our adoption fundraiser! :)

oh yeah and i stilll have your rubbermaid containers! haha.. no fear :)