Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Reassurance

Have you ever had one of those experiences when you felt like something was happening specifically to you or because of you? One of our PT's is leaving at work so we have been interviewing for her position. Last week I had the opportunity to interview this truly amazing person. She has over 20 years of experience as a PT and most recently spent 3 years doing volunteer/mission PT in the Middle East. Not only were her stories amazing, but her whole demeanor and attitude were refreshingly familiar.

When I was interviewing her, and asking her the standard questions in one of our interview packets, I felt like she was answering every question directly to me. Every answer she gave addressed something I have been struggling with or thoughts I have had in the back of my head (both career-related and in my personal life).

Unfortunately, I don't think she is going to accept the position, which is a shame because I would love to have her in my life, both personally and professionally. I've never met someone before who gave me such a sense of peace and reassurance that I am making the right decisions for my future.

I only hope someday I can have the same affect on someone that she had on me. That's what it's all about.

1 comment:

Erin McCoy said...

i love this