Sunday, August 22, 2010

Goodbye Chinchillas!!

Tom and I have been talking a lot lately about how bad we feel for the chinny chin-chins because we simply don't have any time to take them out and play with them. They just sit in their little cage, day in, and day out. We didn't want to just "get rid of them" by any means, but we did wish that we could find them a family with kids who would take them out and play with them.

We hit up all of our friends with children but unfortunately none of them were really set up to take the chinchillas. We certainly would rather just keep them instead of give them to a shelter or some stranger.

The other night we got a phone call from a guy in Tom's lab saying his neighbors were really interested in them. The have several kids, and the 14 year old was ecstatic, claiming that aparently he has wanted a chinchilla his whole life!! So the other night Tom gathered up Quito, Chimu, and all of their worldy posessions and took them over to their new home!

I have to admit I was a little sad to see them go, but honestly, I can't even remember the last time I took them out to play with them!

Here is a final picture and video of the little rascals. I know they are in good hands and will be getting much more attention than we could ever give them. Although I think Bailey misses her friends a little bit!

1 comment:

Brian said...

Awwwww, I'm sad I'll never get to see another slightly inappropriate chinchilla dust bath.