Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Night Art Project

So I've wanted to get a fall wreath for quite some time now but had a specific vision in mind. Unfortunately my "specific vision" runs somewhere between $60 and $80 at Pier One or Pottery Barn. I started googling "DIY berry wreath" and thought it seemed easy enough. So after work I swung by JoAnne Fabrics and they happened to be having a 50% off sale on all fall flowers/decor. I picked up all of my supplies for under $25.


Walking out I kept second guessing myself thinking that I spent too much money and could probably find something similar to what I'm looking for for less than that. I stopped at Home Goods on the way home to check out their furniture, and of course found a fall berry wreath for $15!! Grrrrrr!! It wasn't exactly what I wanted but it was probably close enough. I decided to stick with my original crafting plan and didn't buy the wreath from Home Goods.


I laid everything out on the counter when I got home, said a little prayer (crafting requires patience and patience is something I tend to lack...especially when it comes to crafting) and an hour later, I had a masterpiece!!!

No comments: