Sunday, August 07, 2011

Ruined Weekend

This weekend we were all set to go visit our friends Anne and Brian in Milwaukee and see their new baby, Ellie Anne. Then Friday morning I bent over to pick up one of my patients (a baby...but a big baby) and immediately felt an intense pain in my low back. My stupid back :( I hobbled through the rest of the day. Thankully Fridays are a short(er) day for me and it was my student's last day so she was pretty independent with all of my patients.

But unfortunately I didn't think I would be able to sit in a car for four hours and be able to go back to work on Monday. I've been taking it easy and taking some leftover pain meds from the last time this happened, and thankfully I think I'm on the mend.

Today we had planned on checking out Retro on Roscoe, a local festival that we've heard good things about. But due to some unpredictable weather and me still not feeling 100% we decided not to go.

Hopefully this week won't be too crazy at work and I'll keep getting better. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We missed you guys! Please come soon... email on the way with a new plan!

Stacy said...

Feel Better Anne!

Chi-town Southerner said...

Oh, that's the worst!

Mo said...

oh boo! Poor back. I have lots of meds if you need some. PS- should have gone to Retro. I stopped by to grab a sammy at my fave place on Roscoe- Nohea. Then I went home. haha