Sunday, July 16, 2006

Scary story

Soooo, we had our first official bug spotting last night. Needless to say, I flipped out. We were watching tv and I got up to go into the bathroom. I used the one in the guest room because it was closer (which makes me feel better, I would have truly flipped out if it was our bathroom). I closed the door and spent like 1.2 seconds looking at my hair in the mirror........and that's when I spotted it! It was this water bug (I said cockroach...Tom said waterbug......whatever they are both big and disgusting and I don't care to get close enough to examine the difference between the two). Anyways it was crawling up the door and then went through the crack between the door and the wall. So (again, needless to say) I started screaming and jumped up onto the toilet. Tom came in thinking that I had died or something and walked right past the icky bug and didn't even see it. I had to tell him where I thought it went and he got the RAID and killed it. (Meanwhile, Tom was on the phone with Michael, heard me scream, told Michael to hold on, went to put down the phone and accidently hung up on him. Michael called back when Tom was trying to kill it because he thought something horrible happened because he heard me screaming). Then it took some convincing to get me to come down off the toilet and out of the bathroom because I had to step over it to get back to the living room..........YUCK! So we're thinking it just came up through the drains so we sprayed in the bathroom and we're going to get the exterminator to come just in case. Hopefully it's just a one time deal.

In Philly when I lived with Jess we only saw 2 for the year and a half we lived in that apt and when I lived by myself I didn't see any (Thank GOD because I would not have been able to deal with it by myself!) I hate bugs worse than mice....somehow I think bugs will be more of an issue down here, not mice.

Oh yeah and the recycling place wasn't that bad...so I don't have any scary stories from that. It was kinda gross b/c it was like drizzling outside and EVERYTHING was full/overflowing. But there were other people there recycling when we were there. Maybe if we were by ourselves it would have been a little scarier. Regardless, we now know where the recycling place is...yay :)

The end.

No comments: