Friday, November 14, 2008

Black Friday Excitement

We are still several weeks out and I’m already getting excited about Black Friday. Probably for about 10 years now, I’ve gotten up between 4 and 5 am the day after Thanksgiving to get some good deals. I usually don’t go shopping just to “go shopping” on Black Friday. Nine times out of ten I’m on a mission to get a particular item. I think bargain shopping is just in my blood. Last year I was very responsible and only purchased a microwave (because ours had just died). I’m a little too impatient/anxious to go wait in line for the big ticket items though, like flat screen tv’s or computers or the Wii.

This year the shopping list consists of a 2-4 GB memory card for my camera, a 4-8 GB USB drive for Tom, some sort of mp3 player (since my ipod died….I’m a little reluctant to buy another ipod since it didn’t even last 2 years), and perhaps some RAM or an extra external hard drive for storage. Of course all of this will depend on the flyers and the sales.

Obviously, I’m too impatient and Type A to wait until Thanksgiving to plan all of this, so thankfully there are websites like this one I can go to and get a sneak-peek of upcoming sales.

Here are some purchases of years past that I am proud of:
Shredder: Free
DVD recorder/burner: $25
Scanner: $10
Web cam: $5
Blank CD’s & DVD’s: Free
1 GB memory card: $5 (Back when 1GB was a lot!)
Cute dressy black purse: Free
DVD player: $20 (or maybe it was $10?? I don’t remember)
Baby crock pot and mini-food processor: $5 each
250 GB external hard drive: $40

I’m sure there are others but this is all I can think of off the top of my head. I’m realizing that I may need counseling considering I can remember the prices of all of these things! Happy Shopping! :)

No comments: