Sunday, November 02, 2008

WELLLL........

Our trip home was about as good as it could be considering the circumstances. It was really sad, but the services were really nice and it was really great to see everyone. We flew out of Birmingham at 6:30 Friday morning and arrived in Harrisburg Friday afternoon. The viewing was Friday evening and after that we went to Vic's Pub for some food (our first official meal of the day!), drinks, and good company.

Saturday turned out to be a gorgeous fall day. After the funeral we all went over to my uncle's house to hang out and reminisce. Entertainment was mostly provided by Blake:







And some by my brother. Taking a shot of Chinese Liquor that Andrew brought back from China. With moral support from Jamie.




I hung out with little Lily. So sweet. She's almost 8 weeks old. She was so good the whole time!




In honor of Pappy's favorite whiskey, we all did a shot of Old Overholt. How he drank that stuff, I'll never know ;)



Later we got a picture with all the grandkids and the great-grandkiddos.



Blake was really liking hanging out with Jenni on the comfy chair. He told me that I was his friend :)



Like I said, aside from the main reason we were home, it was a pretty good trip. It was so great to see family and friends, it's just unfortunate it had to be because Pappy passed away. Oh, and I got part of the snake story wrong earlier. Apparently he was by the creek (some many years ago), and he saw this big snake and it made this noise and opened it's mouth and then all of these little baby snakes all of the sudden came and jumped in it's mouth. I guess he saw it do that a couple of times and then decided to cut the snake open and see if the little snakes were in there. They were. So, when we were at home in September, he was telling this story to Tom and he was like "Yeah, I couldn't believe it. Those damn buggers were all inside that snake!" So I said, "Pappy, what did you do with the little snakes?" and he said "Well I killed 'em!" Of course.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Pappy knew the his whiskey

http://www.ellenjaye.com/hist_mono3overholt.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_StUVh6ENuw

Dad said...

Put these links behind the Old Overholt