Saturday, November 22, 2008

Updates!

Top 10 Style....sort of......

1. I have been ridiculously busy at work this past week so I apologize for no blog updates!

2. Last Sunday I made homemade pumpkin pie. I used a premade graham cracker crust becuase I like those crusts better than home made dough ones. It was freaking awesome!


3. We finally were able to pick up 2 of our packages that had been waiting for us in The Oaks office. Tom's sister Lisa sent us this awesome Phillies T-shirt after the World Series win!! Thanks Lisa!! Tom's sister Jackie sent us a Thanksgiving pakage filled with lots of sweets! I ate the Butterfinger as soon as we opened it! Weird, because I probably haven't had a Butterfinger in about 3 years! Thanks Jackie!



4. Thursday night we dog-sat for Stacy, but not with Casper, with Bentley, who she was dog sitting for Anne & Brian. We had fun hanging out with our pal Bentley. She was a very good girl and we're looking forward to having her over for the Thanksgiving holiday!

5. I didn't have to work this weekend! Yay :) Tom and I have been enjoying a weekend of sleeping in, football, and yummy snacks.

6. Penn State killed Michigan State today! Woooooo!! It looked like it was FREEZING there, with the snow and all. We were all toasty in our warm Alabama apartment!

7. While watching the Penn State game, it reminded me of my time at Penn State. How after a cold game such as the one today we would head back to the dorm/apartment, take a brief nap, head out to a party, and then come home and eat Gumby's or DP Dough*. That got me craving Gumby's famous Pokey stix, so I tried my hand at making my own! Not too bad! I thought they were missing something but Tom said they tasted just like Gumby's.
*Sidenote: My google search for D.P. Dough's website led me to this site! DP Dough is opening up in Philly this winter! No fair!!!!!


8. Monday we get to go pick up our FREE TURKEY!! My second job gives out free turkeys (13 pounders!) to all of their employees! Yay job perk :)

9. It's COLD in Alabama! The low was 25 degrees last night! No snow though. Oh well, a girl can dream.

10. It's ALMOST Thanksgiving! Tom and I both have off on Thursday AND Friday (and Saturday and Sunday!) This will be the first 4 day weekend we've had since we've been married! (Clarification: First 4 day weekend that we haven't been traveling!!)

1 comment:

Brian said...

The video on that site was hilarious! It would have been even better if he had done it for nothing. I got my roommate when I was a freshman to drink a gallon of milk in an hour just because he didn't believe me that it couldn't be done. Also, we dared a fraternity brother to chug a bottle of Tabasco. That one didn't end well.....