Monday, May 11, 2009

Second Annual Destin Trip!

Ahhhhhhhh. Tom and I just got back from our second annual trip to Destin, FL. We drove down Thursday night and returned yesterday evening. The weather and the beachfront condo were perfect! We stayed right on the beach, on the 18th floor of the condo building. The view was amazing and breathtaking.

We spent all day Friday and Saturday lounging on the beach. Since we stayed in a condo instead of a hotel, we were able to easily cook our own meals. We made breakfast every morning and sat on the balcony to eat it. We picked Friday night to go out to eat at this restaurant AJ's that I'd heard good things about. Bad idea. While we had no wait and were seated in the back room right on the bay, the food was terrible and it was about 20 degrees in the place. Saturday night we had planned to buy crablegs and cook them in the condo. Awesome idea. They turned out so great, and you couldn't beat the view from the condo or the temperature :)

Sunday morning while we were eating breakfast on the balcony we even saw some dolphins off in the distance. I didn't even try to take any pictures this time, since last year I was sure I got some photos of them and turned out all I got was the sky! Before we left we hit up the outlets and then started on our trek home. Oohh! And I only got a little sunburnt. Although I'm not really sure how because I applied sunscreen like 5 times a day and stayed under the umbrella except when I was in the ocean.

Pictures taken from our balcony

Full moon over the ocean



View looking out from inside the condo


Food! Breakfast on the balcony and crableg dinner



Hanging out at the beach


View while lounging on the beach

No comments: