Saturday, May 02, 2009

Weekend of Outdoor Festivals

Friday night we went to the Crawfish Boil with some friends. We had a good time, got to sit outside, enjoy some live music, eat some crawfish, and kick back with a few tall cans. But I think that will be our last crawfish boil. We saw Shinedown, LL Cool J, Jason Miraz, and 311. LL Cool J was probably my favorite of the night....Jason Miraz was okay too.
Saturday evening we went out for Dos de Mayo and had some fine mexican food at Habanero's with some friends. Then, our friend Doug told us about "We Love Homewood Day" so we went to enjoy some more live music and outdoor festivities.

Now let me tell you why I had an identity crisis this weekend. Friday night the majority of the people at the Crawfish Boil were teenagers or in their early 20's. I felt a little old but then we would see the occasional couple with their baby (listening to 311....at 11:00 at night.....hmmmm) and wouldn't feel so old. Then Saturday night at We Love Homewood Day I felt like I should have been pushing a stroller and having my 5 year old run up to me and ask for money to buy ice cream. It was very family friendly, which was cool. I just felt a little out of place. Then I really had an identity crisis when I went into a pizza joint to use the bathroom and 2 girls in their early teens came in to check their hair. They put their phones down on the counter and I noticed I have the same exact phone. Then I was washing my hands and the one girl was like "Oooh, I like your purse!" and the other one was like "Yeah! I like your purse too!" Great.

So let's recap. I'm too old for the Crawfish Boil. I don't have babies yet (and am quite happy about this) so I don't fit in at Homewood Day. And apparently I have the same taste as 14 year old girls. Awesome.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Dad and Mom vote for Homewood Days.