Sunday, August 09, 2009

On becoming a vegetarian......

....well, just for a few days. Let's just say I haven't been eating the healthiest lately. So with yummy fresh summer veggies going on sale this week I decided to eat just veggies for the next few days. (With the exception of the top sirloin steak that we are grilling tonight at Stacy's, of course!) What does my vegetarian menu look like, you ask? I'll tell you. Lunch is going to consist of big healthy salads Monday and Tuesday and a veggie burger topped with basil and tomato on Wednesday. Dinner will be Farmer's Market Squash Saute and possibly a variant of this recipe from Sara. Except without the eggplant because I don't like eggplant. At least I don't think I do. Actually, I'm not sure if I've ever had eggplant. Also, I will be making a variation on this recipe for baked stuffed tomatoes. Yum. I only need recipes to get me through Wednesday because come Thursday we'll be shifting gears and eating only seafood.................can you guess why?

No comments: