Monday, August 03, 2009

Where to even begin???

Apparently I lied. I thought our lives were going to slow down temporarily but I was wrong. But that's okay, it's not a bad thing. Let's go in chronological order...since I'm kind of obsessive and need to do this that way.
Last Wednesday night our friend Stacy hosted Game Night. This was the first Game Night that Tom and I both were able to attend (first one he was out of town, second one I was out of town). Bailey was once again fascinated with all of Casper's toys and Tom and I learned a new game. I forget the name of it, so I will call it the Tetris game because that's what it looked like. I lost :(
Friday night we went to Southern Summer Night at the Vulcan. It was a benefit for Hands on Birmingham, a volunteer group. We had a good time hanging out with some friends and sampled some Olde Towne brews. It was fun to get all dressed up and spend time with everyone.
Saturday morning we picked up Mom and Dad from the airport and drove out to Atlanta to visit Dad's friend from work and his family. We had a blast. Their house was amazing and they were awesome hosts. The weather was slightly cooler than it was in Birmingham so that was nice too. We had a good time visiting with their family and their adorable pet, Piglet. (All of Piglet's teeth have fallen out so her tongue just hangs out the side of her mouth....so cute!) Sunday afternoon we raced back to Birmingham to pick up Bailey from her favorite place ever so she could meet her grandparents. Unfortunately there was a big accident and we sat in the middle of I-20 for about an hour. (Everyone was out of their cars walking around, one guy even zipped by on a skateboard). Thankfully we have good friends like Kelly and Stacy who went to pick up Bailey and brought her back to see her buddy Casper until we could swing by and get her. Monday Tom dropped my parents off at the airport and that marked the end of our fun (busy) weekend!

No comments: