Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Roth IRA

Decisions, decisions. I've been wanting to open a Roth IRA for some time now, but there's always been other things to put money toward. Not that there's not other things to save for now (house, baby, moving, paying off student loans, etc), but it's to the point where we can afford to put a little more away and quite frankly, we really should be putting more away now to reap the benefits of compounding interest.


I spent a couple hours one night researching top investment firms and looking up their minimum initial and monthly contributions, account fees, and other services they offer. I currently have a 401K with Fidelity, so I would like to spread out our retirement investments just in case something unforeseeable happens to one particular company. However, I will most likely rollover my current 401K when I change jobs (whenever that may be) and it will likely be with a different company than Fidelity.


I've narrowed it down to 2-3 companies, I just need to call to confirm a few things and will hopefully have one set up by the end of the month!

No comments: