Thursday, February 04, 2010

My search for THE little black dress....

The little black STRAPLESS dress, to be exact. The little black, strapless, KNEE-LENGTH dress, to be more exact.

So, my kick-a** cousin Sarah is getting married this June. And she asked me to be in the wedding (SO EXCITED!) And her only request for bridesmaid dresses? Black and strapless. Easy, right? You would think, you'd also be wrong. It's only January and I've been to countless stores in search of the perfect strapless, knee-length black dress. I've found some strapless black dresses, but they come about 2 inches below my butt and are entirely inappropriate to be worn in public period, let alone to be worn in a wedding.

Last weekend alone I went to 4 different stores in search of the dress (TJ Maxx, Macy's, J. Crew, and Express). Instead, I came home with this dress, in a deep turquoise color (for only $20 including tax!!!) I actually have had my eye on it for a little over a year. But I digress......

Anyways, I actually do already own a black strapless, knee length dress. (Don't yell at me!) But it is just plain cotton and I was hoping I could find something a little nicer for Sarah's wedding. The search continues...........

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I looked on Anthropologie, Gap, Banana, and White House Black Market but didn't find anything for you. Have you tried Ross? J.Crew has a specific "wedding" section online where you might be able to find one but they are so pricey!!! There is a sale on the website right now though and I know how you love sales!