Sunday, February 14, 2010

Random List of Updates

Because, I love to make lists
  • The Saints won the Superbowl! Old news, I know, but I haven't had time to really sit down and blog since before last Sunday! We watched the game at the house of one of the post-doc's in Tom's lab. Him and his wife are about 10 years older than us, have 2 kids, a dog, and drink a lot of beer. Tom and I always joke that they are us in 10 years. It's funny because when Doug told his wife that we were coming, she was like "I love Tom and Anne, they're so fun! Remember when we were that fun??" I hope we're still fun in 10 years :)

  • Avocados were on sale last week, so I bought a bunch and figured I'd make some homemade guacamole. I had never made it before. Don't ever put extra virgin olive oil in your guacamole. Ever. Bad recipe!

  • We finally got some SNOW!!! Almost 2 inches!!! I forgot how pretty it looks right after it snows and it's all undisturbed on the trees and the bushes. Bailey had fun sniffing the snow and trying to eat it. (This was the next morning, so it was already melting away)

  • Happy Valentine's Day!! Tom and I celebrated with Pizza Hut, Verdi, and Fatso draft from Dee's. It was perfect. And he sent me pretty flowers at work on Friday. Awwwwwwwww ;)

  • My friend Penny ran the Mercedes Marathon today. My other friend and I went to cheer her on! We even made signs!!

  • Even though we are moving sometime in the next 6-12 months AND despite the fact that we're trying to save money like mad by June, I've had the strongest urge to redecorate. So today I went to Tuesday Morning and bought a mirror to hang above the couch and 2 super cute new throw pillows for the couch. The damage wasn't too bad (you know I got a good deal) and I think my urge is satisfied....for a little while at least. I'll post a pic after Tom hangs the mirror. Although I may get impatient and try to do it myself. The last time that happened our clock ended up being a teeny bit uncentered. Ooops :)

  • I made gnocchi tonight. It was an easy recipe I got online. It made me reminiscent of the last time I had gnocchi....at gnocchi night with our friends. Sad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yum, gnocchi! Miss you guys, too!