Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Going Away Work Party

Wow! Where to even begin??? The people that I work with at Children's threw me the most amazing going away party anyone could ever ask for! I am truly blessed to have met, worked with, and befriended so many great people. The last time I felt that much love and emotion was when Tom sang to me at our wedding reception!

Every day I strive to be the best person, therapist, mentor, leader, and friend I can be and there are some days when I honestly question whether I am making any kind of difference or impact on the world. Last night proved otherwise with the many kind words and many tears that filled the night.

Everyone at work, of course, knows that I love to eat, so there were plenty of homemade casseroles, appetizers and desserts. It was such a good turnout, I'm so thankful to everyone who came out! I'm convinced that Tom was a dog whisperer in a former life because all dogs seriously love him (or maybe it's just because he always gives them treats??) Lexi and Milly enjoyed the attention. Me with the lovely Andrea, who hosted the event and offered up her beautiful home for the evening.


So, a lot of people at work have been on my case for A WHILE about having a baby (see, Dad, you're not the only one!) My friend Laura wanted to give me a baby present because she obviously won't be living close to us when we do eventually get pregnant. So here it is, our first ever baby gift! Bailey is definitely not too sure about that!



It was truly the most wonderful evening and I wish that I could have captured it in a bottle and just be able to carry it with me wherever I go. I am certainly going to miss my friends at work dearly and hope and pray that I make this many close friends at my next job!

No comments: