Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Goodbye Pedo!

It's done! And no one is probably happier than Tom. Earlier this year, my work gave us all pedometers in association with the Virgin Health Miles program. Throughout the year there were little incentives to take more steps or get more points and if you completed them you would continue to get a discount on your premiums for your health insurance.

Then there was the slightly larger incentive of getting $500 in cash if you accumulated enough points by the end of the year. I had my eyes set on that money and back in August I figured out that I should be able to achieve it by my last day. And guess what? I did!!!!

Now, you would think that something as simple as a pedometer wouldn't cause that much drama, but you would be wrong. Have I mentioned that most PT's have a Type A personality and are competitive? It made for some interesting "friendly" step challenges at work.

And the poor husbands and families. They should have formed a support group. *Some of them wore it for us when we forgot it. Some of them brought them into work for us when we forgot it. Some of them thought we were crazy when we dried it out in a bag of rice because it accidently fell in the toilet, and some of them laughed when we fell down the stairs because we were looking at our pedometer to see how many steps we had.



I feel kind of naked without it. I almost miss that split second of panic when I reach for my hip during the day just to make sure it's still there and I haven't lost it somewhere!



*Not all of these things happened to just me, but some of them definitely did.

No comments: