Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thankfulness

It's not quite Thanksgiving yet (although I do think Canadian Thanksgiving was just a few days ago). Even though I am out of work (temporarily), in a lot of pain (when I'm not laying down), and about to move across the country but have no idea where we're going to live or where I'm going to work, have nothing packed, have not hired movers, and am in too much pain to start packing, I wanted to make a list of things that I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful....
  • That my back pain does not radiate down my legs
  • That my back pain seems to be getting better (with laying down and pain meds...but still)
  • That Tom has been waiting on me.....cooking dinner, cleaning up, doing my laundry, putting on my socks (yes, putting on your own socks is something I bet you take for granted), refilling my water, driving me to the ER/doctor's appointments
  • That work is semi-slow right now so I don't feel super bad about being out
  • That I have enough PTO to cover me being out for a week
  • That I was able to get an appointment with a good orthopedist on Monday
  • That I have a dog who thinks it's cute to walk on top of me on the couch (hey - it makes me laugh)
  • That we're moving to CHICAGO!! (I haven't really gotten excited about this yet! Hopefully that will come soon....maybe when I know I won't be homeless and unemployed?)
  • That I haven't been trapped in a mine for the past 69 days
  • That (so far) they are successfully rescuing all of the Chilean miners
  • That I haven't sneezed since Saturday

No comments: