Saturday, February 12, 2011

Weekends January through March

College football is over. Pro football quickly dwindles away. It's cold, dreary, and snowy. There's nothing to do on these weekends.

And I absolutely LOVE it!!! I used to dread these weekends in the first three months of the year. So much that this was part of the reason why I got a second job soon after we moved to Birmingham. But this year (for the first time ever I think ), I am LOVING them! I am enjoying the relaxing, the getting caught up on laundry and housework, running a few errands with Tom. I actually like there not being something that we HAVE to do every weekend.


Don't get me wrong, I am very much looking forward to warmer weather, exploring Chicago in the summer, going to the lake, taking Bailey to the dog beach, and the list goes on and on. But for now, I'm very much enjoying these weekends with nothing (or little) to do :)

We've been getting in some good friend time during these weekends as well. A few weekends ago we went over to my friend Jess's house for Game Night and last weekend we had my friend Stef and her fiance over for dinner. Next weekend we're trekking up to Milwaukee again to visit with some good friends, and the weekend following that my friend Margaret is coming to visit! Then we just have to get through March and hopefully April will bring us a glimpse of spring weather :)

1 comment:

Chi-town Southerner said...

I feel the same way. It's cold outside, and it's nice to kind of hibernate. Enjoy!