Saturday, February 26, 2011

Some things are just not meant to be

Disclaimer: This title may lead you to believe that this post is going to be about serious life events. It's not. Sorry for tricking you.

My friend Margaret was supposed to come visit this weekend. Earlier in the week we started planning what we would do for our fun weekend in Chicago. I asked Mags what was on her list, and was thinking I would plan everything around that. The only thing that was a must for the weekend was a stop at Hot Doug's. Which sounded perfect because my friend Jess had been wanting to go there as well and it's actually pretty close to our apartment. So I went to check out their website to see what their hours were and this is what I found:

Epic Fail #1.


So I continued to look for fun things for us to do and came across this comedy/improv/interactive show that looked like a blast. I sent an email out to our other friends to see who wanted to join us. Later that night I heard back from everyone and went online to book the tickets. I clicked "buy tickets" but it wouldn't let me complete the order. I went back to the main page to try again....and the Saturday night show was "Sold Out."
Epic Fail #2


This weekend marks the end of Restaurant Week here in Chicago so we began looking at different restaurants to see if any of them appealed to us. I found this "Pop up Restaurant" that was going on near our neighborhood and thought that would be a fun and different experience. Cost wise it was similar to restaurant week. I heard back from all parties involved and went to their website only to find out that they had stopped taking reservations the day before.
Epic Fail #3


I told Margaret all of this and she said she didn't care, it would just be fun to hang out and spend time together! We still planned on going ice skating at Millenium Park, having a drink on the 96th floor of the Hancock Building in the Signature Lounge, and checking out a couple of popular brunch places.


Friday evening I got a call from Margaret (who was flying standby) that ALL flights out of DC were delayed because of 70 mph winds! She hung around the aiport to see if she could get on any of the later flights, but because of all of the delays all of the flights were overbooked by at least 20 people, so there was no way she would get a seat.
Epic Fail #4!


We're hoping to reschedule for sometime in April! Hopefully the weather will be a little nicer and we'll be able to book everything at least a week out!

No comments: