Saturday, July 17, 2010

Art on the Rocks!

Last night Tom and I went to Art on the Rocks at the Birmingham Museum of Art. They open up the museum, have hors devours, drinks, and a band outside. We met up with our friends Stacy and Kelly who volunteer at the event and our friend Paige and one of her friends. The food was amazing and the weather "cooled off" (meaning NOT 90 degrees) and thankfully it didn't rain. The band was Dawes, from LA. They're singer-songwritey and Live 100.5 used to play them when they were still on the air (*sigh*). They were really good! So good that I bought their CD, and when we talked to them afterward Paige let them know (twice) that I bought it. The lead singer made a lot of really weird faces when he was singing....and kind of looked like Ben Stiller (but only when he made weird faces). Except for my feet deciding they all of the sudden hate my strappy black heels, we had a fun time! (It must be because I hit the big 3-0).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY!! I'm glad we got to hang out...I'll also have to fill you in on our fabulous people watching.

Unknown said...

Lookin' good, ladies!