Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Key Lime Pie and Meatball Sub Casserole


I have been wanting to make some variation of key lime pie/cheesecake/cake for some time now. I found 3 different recipes (one pie, one cheesecake, and one cake). The pie won, mainly because it was the least amount of work :) The picture doesn't really do it justice....I added a few drops of green food coloring but it turned it a weird dark green color.
I've had Meatball Sub Casserole on my menu plan for a while, ever since I saw it in a Taste of Home magazine while traveling last month.

Both are recipes I would highly recommend! The key lime pie is very tart and limey but really good...especially with whipped topping! Next time I'm only going to use 1/2 cup of key lime juice instead of the 3/4 cup that it calls for. And on the meatball sub casserole I omitted the water that it calls for to be added to the sauce. This one is a keeper for our next freezer cooking day!

No comments: