Thursday, July 29, 2010

Curtains stress me out

There are so many to choose from. You can never tell how they're going to look in the store. They're such a visible part of your home.

These are all reasons I have not put any curtains up since we've lived here. Last weekend, our A/C shut off, prompting us to draw all of the blinds tightly and keep the lights off to try to keep it as cool as possible. (Luckily they were able to fix it pretty quickly).

So we decided it would be worth it to find some energy efficient/solar blocking curtains and see if it would keep our apartment a little cooler (and maybe cut down on our power bill). And then I got more stressed out because I didn't have time to comparison shop OR find exactly what I was looking for. But I sucked it up and we went to Lowes and Walmart and bought a few curtains, rods, and hooks for our 2 bedrooms.

They actually look really good! I didn't take any pictures for the blog because they are still really wrinkled and I haven't had time to dewrinkle them yet. So far they are keeping the place waaay cooler. I'm mad that it took us over 4 years to put them up!!

No comments: