Monday, July 26, 2010

Blue Ridge Mountains..........

It's no secret that this will likely be our last summer in Alabama, so Tom and I really wanted to take another mini-vacation in August. We had thought about going back to the beach, but 1) we had no idea what the status of the water was going to be with the oil spill and 2) we really wanted to go somewhere we could take Bailey.

I was searching around on the internet for "pet friendly vacations" and quickly came across some cabin rentals in the Blue Ridge area of north Georgia. There were tons of cabin rentals and I quickly decided my requirements were 1) a hot tub, 2) a mountain view, and 3) a grill. And guess what? We found the perfect place! Complete with a hammock, a fire pit, and a "carved bear." (Seriously, "carved bear" was listed under features and amenities!)

I am SO excited! I can't wait to just get to the cabin and relax on the deck, either in the hot tub, hammock or lounge chair. We're going to check out Blue Ridge Lake and see what Bailey thinks about swimming. And we're going to grill out every night, which will be awesome since we currently can't have a grill where we live now. Can't wait!!

No comments: