Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Do I watch too much tv?

I don't know when I started watching so much tv. Wait, scratch that. I do. It actually started toward the end of grad school when I became obsessed with shows like Law and Order and CSI. And then it didn't help that each of those shows has like 3 spinoff shows.

Growing up I would say I rarely watched tv. I don't really remember watching a lot of tv as a kid. Except for TGIF and Saturday morning cartoons. In high school I didn't have time to watch tv between homework, sports, and socializing with friends. In college the only show I watched consistently was Friends, with my friends :)


Now I have at least one, usually 2 or 3 shows that I watch every night of the week!
Monday: Gossip Girl at 7, CSI Miami at 9
Tuesday: Bones at 7 (although I think this just changed to Thursday nights), Without a trace at 9
Wednesday: NCIS at 7, Criminal Minds at 8, CSI NY at 9
Thursday: The Office at 8 (I used to watch Gray's but stopped after Denny came back from the dead and Izzie was having a relationship with a ghost. Too weird for me) and Burn Notice at 9
Friday: Friday Night Lights at 8, Numbers at 9

I think that's pretty much it. Ugh, that's between 2-3 hours of tv a day! That sounds like so much. Although I can't really imagine what else I would be doing for those 2-3 hours. Sure some nights I could be productive and read articles or brush up on some information for work. But not every night. And some nights I could be cleaning the house or deep cleaning the kitchen or bathroom. But again, not every night. Besides, that's what weekends are for! As you can see, I watch relatively little to no tv on the weekends (except during football season, of course)!

Besides, watching these shows is my stress-reliever. (Well, one of my stress relievers. Going to the gym is also quite stress reducing, and those close to me can tell when I haven't been going consistently :) In my defense, at least I don't have DVR or Tivo. I think that would be going over the limit for me.


How much tv do you watch?

No comments: