Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day! Considering it's Saturday and the weather was 65 and sunny, it's been an awesome day :) Me and my sweetie (Bailey) went running today on Lakeshore. It's the first time I've taken her "running" so we were a little nervous about how she was going to do. Our prediction was that for the first mile, she would be trying to run every which way and sniff everything possible, for the second mile she would be calm and good, and for the third mile I'd be dragging her.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

She did okay for the first quarter mile, she kept trying to run off on the grass, and coincidentally she did this every time we passed a stroller or a biker, so I figured she had some weird issue with wheels. Wrong again! She slowed down and wouldn't keep up so I immediately looked back (because she usually pulls ahead) and she had taken a you know what for about 7 feet back. What dog takes a crap while running?! I had anticipated this (well, not this exactly but that she would go #2), so I was prepared with a bag....I picked it up and kept going. A few minutes later she ran over to the grass, this time I stopped, and she went again! Then proceeded to kick dirt, leaves, and grass over it like she was trying to cover it up! Again, I had anticipated her being difficult so luckily I had brought 2 bags. Ugh!

We finally found a trash can by a local high school and the rest of the run was fine. She was called "Cute" once and "Pretty" two times. Those people obviously didn't see her when she was using the running trail as her own personal bathroom! Here we are after our run while we were waiting for Tom to finish up in lab.

No comments: