Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend update

First off, THON raised over SEVEN million dollars this year! $7,490,133.87 to be exact!!!! We Are....

In addition to my alma mater raising millions of dollars for children with cancer, this weekend was pretty great. We kicked it off Thursday night at The Wine Loft celebrating our friend Kelly being cancer free for a decade!!


Friday night was low key because I had to work at my second job on Saturday. It was no fun getting up super early on a Saturday to go to work, but it was a pretty good day and I was happy when it was over at 4:00! Saturday night I booked my flight for Mags' 30th Birthday Bash Trip :) We're going to the Pacific northwest (Seattle, Oregon coast, Portland, Redwood Nat'l Park, etc, etc) for a few days in June. I'm so excited. I've never been to Seattle, only to Portland once for Dot & Juan's wedding. We have a lot of ground to cover, but we're good like that. Remember, we once saw the sun rise over Bryce Canyon, hiked through Zion National Park, and watched the sun set over the Grand Canyon all on the same day.

Sunday morning was spent playing with Bailey (she's so stinking cute), running errands, cleaning, and doing laundry. Fun fun. Oh, and I also got the best deal EVER at Publix. A new PR (personal record), if you will. Here's a picture to prove it!
Yep, that's right. I spent $20.23 and saved $52.88! Wooooooooooo I rock :)

Sunday afternoon we went to a Free the Hops meeting at the J. Clyde. We enjoyed some complimentary appetizers and some freaking awesome beers. Specifically a Rogue Charlie 1981 Cask Ale and Red Brick Vanilla Gorilla Cask Ale. (Attention Bham friends: After some internet research I found out Vanilla Gorilla is from Atlanta Brewing Company!!! Hopefully they will tap some when we go for our Atlanta Beer tour!! I look forward to the Google calender.) Here's some pics :)

No comments: