Friday, February 20, 2009

Goodbye, fair glasses!

I got contacts! Again! And not goodbye glasses completely. I still love them. Although I just got sick of having to put them on every single day. I've been wanting to get contacts again for a while, and was finally able to last week. The last time I had contacts has got to be at least 8 or 9 years ago, during college. I never got into the routine of wearing them consistently because I didn't really need them all the time and they really irritated my eyes. In fact, I was quite worried this time that I would have the same major problems. But I don't :) The first couple of days were rough....getting used to them again. But now I can wear them for just about the whole day and they don't really bother me. AND it's so great to be able to SEE!

2 things.
1) I really only wore my glasses at work. I really should have worn them all the time but I didn't. Just work, driving, and (when I remembered) to sporting events/concerts or other places where I need to see far away.
2) It made me feel really old to say "The last time I had contacts was in college, EIGHT OR NINE YEARS AGO. That seems like soooooo long ago!

The really cool part about all of this? I put money into my FSA (flexible spending account), and it feels like I don't even have to pay for them! Of course I do, X amount goes into my FSA biweekly, tax free, but since it's taken off my paycheck before it even gets to me, it doesn't even feel like it's my money. Yay :) And there's a rebate. Double Yay.

No comments: