Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I would like to start this blog post with a brief list of things I'm thankful for:
  • Tom's dad is home from the hospital (on Monday actually, he had been there (minus a brief rehab hospital stay) since October 27th!!
  • My brother got a job with United Airways! Go Matt!
  • I have a job...yay, and Tom has a really good (for him) job
  • I found the Yule Log on demand in HD!! There is also a snowman and snow falling on "Christmas greens" all accompanied by Christmas music :)
  • My Christmas in Boston DVD arrived this week! (Sidebar: I have a secret guilty pleasure of watching cheesy Lifetime/ABC Family/Hallmark movies during the holidays. I saw advertisements for Christmas in Boston when I lived in Philly in 2005, but unfortunately did not see it. Every year since then I've tried to watch it but they have stopped airing it! Just this year it made it to DVD...and I ordered it a few weeks ago...can't wait to watch it...I'm sure it'll be horribly cheesy but I'm so excited!)
  • Our heat works...although our apartment got up to 76 today with all of the cooking! Who needs heat when you are roasting a turkey?!
  • My health, Tom's health, our family's health
  • Bailey - she's been extra cute lately...and has actually started to "tolerate" cuddling. Maybe it's myself telling me that I'm ready for something else...but I just love her so much lately :)

Okay! Now onto the menu! For breakfast we had coffee and cinnamon rolls (store bought - I contemplated making them from scratch...but it looked like a lot of work!) For the main course we had:

I thought the pie was disgusting but Tom said it was great. He ate my piece too since I, apparently, do not like lemon meringue pie. I hope everyone had a relaxing and filling Thanksgiving. I know we sure did, and there's so much to be thankful for!

No comments: