Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What is She up to?**

**Said to the sound of Homestar Runner

Tom started his job on Monday, and I'm still waiting to hear back about my interviews. I've been slowly unpacking and organizing everything in our apartment. We are down to those last few "Random/junk boxes" which can sometimes stay packed and stuffed in a closet until your next move. Not this time!! We still have to assemble some furniture that we broke down for the move, but hopefully that will all get done this weekend.

I've been doing a little bit of Freezer Cooking in preparation for hopefully going back to work soon, but I'm not holding my breath. I've had a lot of trouble getting everything straightened out for my Illinois license and I'm still waiting on one more letter from my school. Apparently the Drexel "seal" is broken so they are waiting for it to get fixed before they can "verify" that I went to PT school. As if having licenses to practice PT in 2 other states isn't proof enough that I went to and graduated from PT school. Argh!

So anyways I've been cooking a lot. I've made World's Best Potato Salad, Baked Potato Soup, Pioneer Woman's Potato skins, and a few other tried and true recipes. (By the way, did anyone else happen to catch P-dub on Throwdown tonight? It was a Thanksgiving competition - everything looked amazing!) Here's a picture of the skins. We ate them while we watched the Eagles destroy the Redskins on Monday night ;)

Also, Bailey has had a really rough time adjusting to the new place. She hates having me home all day, going for walks, running around in the back yard, playing tug-of-war with her toys, and most of all, lounging around on the couch. *note sarcasm* Incidentally, I came across this post tonight on a blog that makes me almost pee my pants on a regular basis. The "simple minded" dog sounds exactly like Bailey, and even looks like her. Even the barfing part (although Bailey didn't throw up in the car, she did throw up today for no apparent reason, and then immediately tried to cuddle with me on the couch, and she hates to cuddle). Make sure you read that post if you feel like a good laugh!

No comments: